Thursday, February 22, 2007

NRA Finals!

Well, the NRA Finals were last weekend and it went very well for my first kick off rodeo of the season. Before the rodeo Megan and I met at Lithia Dodge for a live remote with 105.9 The BAR, where we got quick spot on the radio. Then we were off to the metra. The first night of the rodeo I was suppose to carry the first sponsor flag. Megan (MRM) and Jessica (Ravalli County Queen) all carried flags before every event. So I went into the arena and was about to round the corner by the bucking chutes and the gatemen didn't hear the announcer, announcing sponsor flags and let out the first bareback horses! Luckily I was paying attention and high-tailed it right on out of there! No one got hurt thankfully, and hey it's a live performance so anything can happen at any time.
During those three days I got to hear many exciting stories from Megan and her travels from out of state and I also got to know Jessica and I hope to see her this summer at various rodeos. All of the people who helped out with the rodeo were also very, very nice. Ty and Karen Yost were such sweet people and Ty did a wonderful job putting on the NRA Finals, and the Mitchells for providing their wonderful horses, we used for the Finals.
Megan and I also got to see a few familiar faces, we saw Cassidy Han MRM 06', Audrey Shotly MTRM 06', Lynne Sholty, Callie Freeman, and Hanna Heckman Little Miss Big Sky Pro-Rodeo and her wonderful family.
So the NRA Finals were a hit and a ton of fun and I can't wait until this summer, all the crazy things that I'm sure will happen to me at all the rodeos!
My next event is March 10 where Megan and I will be attending our first Montana Fur Trappers Convention!
I'll write back soon
Thank you,
Lorissa Harris
MTRM 07'

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I thought you'd be interested, and your readers too, about the filming of the NRA Finals. It wasn't promoted well and few people even knew there was a film crew present!

Three Pines Productions, LLC filmed the entire weekend and is finishing up the DVD. The trailer for the DVD is up on YouTube.com and can be found here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwF2_9GbV8g

The DVD is on sale at www.threepinesproductions.com and has the entire weekend on it.