Tuesday, April 3, 2007

FFA Convention/ Megan's Coronation

Well this week was very very busy but very fun. We had the State FFA Convention in Billings at the Holiday Inn and I was trying to be in two places at once. I was participating on my chapters Sales and Service team and being Miss Teen Rodeo Montana at the Miss Rodeo Montana booth with Megan. Our booth by far was the most popular too and Megan and I got some more good quality bonding time together!!
So the first day of competition we had to do the team problem, so my three other teammates and I walk in and introduce ourselves to the judges and as I'm going to shake the second judges hand, I hit her soda and it went everywhere! I was really embarrassed and thought that we were done for right then and there but everything turned out better than we thought.
While we were tending the booth Megan and I also got to meet Miss Montana and attend the delegates luncheon where she spoke and took many pictures with us. She was very nice and hopefully she will be able to attend my gala.
Then on Friday night nine other of my fellow chapter members and I all received our State Degrees, one of the highest honors you can receive in the state. We had a wonderful dinner and our Governor was a special guest speaker and also brought his cute dog!
Saturday during the awards I left early to head up to Bozeman for Megan's coronation. I brought my Friend Crissie with me who knows nothing about rodeo but loves the queen stuff and traveling with me on all of my little adventures. Megan's party was a blast the food was great her silent auction items were super cute, (I got some pillow case covers of cute cartoon cowboys!) and Vanessa and I were also Megan's Vanna Whites for her live auction. Her coronation was a huge success and I was very honored to be there and to be able to travel and get to know her and I can't wait to see what the future holds for the both of us.
So, up next is my Gala party and I'm starting to get really nervous!! So I hope to see a lot of familiar faces and hope everything goes well.
Thank you,
Lorissa Harris
MTRM 07'

No comments: