Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Great Falls/Missoula/Glasgow!!

Miss Rodeo America - Ashley Andrews
Well I have been very busy lately and I'm sorry it has been so long since I have written on my blog! The first rodeo of August was in Great Falls for the Big Sky Pro Rodeo Roundup and pageant. This rodeo and pageant is kinda special to me because last summer I handed down my crown from being Miss Rodeo State Fair Princess. It was a four day rodeo with pageant action throughout the day. This year was also special because Ashley Andrews, Miss Rodeo America was here and I had a great time getting to hang out with her signing autographs and asking her a million questions about her year as MRA. Sue and Bailey Thompson were also gracious once again to bring us horses and this time I got to ride "Siren" the cutest and sweetest horse ever! The pageant was also a great success!! Kirsten won queen, Tiffany Sinclair won Princess, and little Jennika O'Neil won Little Miss! I was so proud of all the girls and it's so great to see "pageant" friends who you have spent most of your summers with.
One of my favorite horses - "Siren"

Bailey and I chatting between events.

After Great Falls I was home for a couple of days and then I headed to Missoula for the Western Montana Rodeo and pageant. I got there Wednesday night and watched the PBR with Lynne and Audrey Sholty, and got to watch Flint, who always keeps me entertained! The Rys-Sikora family was gracious enough to open their home to me during this busy fair week and I also got to ride Mariah's beautiful palomino "Butter" and appreciate all they did for me that week.

This year was also the start of the Tough Enough To Wear Pink/Miss Rodeo Montana Scholarship Fund Golf Tournament. I got to golf with three bull riders and we had a great time. We didn't win, like we had hoped, we tied for 3 rd but we had a blast. The belt buckles were really pretty and it was great to see so many people supporting the cause and to see how many people actually sported the PINK, my favorite color!

During the speech portion of the Miss Western Montana Rodeo Pageant, Megan and I also got to talk and tell stories about out year. Right before the last speaker came up Megan and I walked onto the stage and she said, "On behalf of Lorissa and I, I would just like to say... GO BOBCATS!!" We kinda got booed but it was all in good humor.





Missoula Royalty






Valley View Home - Glasgow "Little Buckaroo Rodeo"
Glasgow's - Daley Aune, Tel Aune and Jack Cornwell roped and Barrel Raced.

After being in Missoula for two days Megan, my mom, Baxter, and I were headed to Glasgow. That is quit a drive let me tell you and I didn't even drive the whole time! I just had to drive from Missoula to Havre, which is about 4 and a half hours so I pulled my weight. We finally made it later that evening and Kirsten met us there, for her first rodeo as Miss Big Sky Pro Rodeo Roundup.







Shelly Johnson brought horses for Kirsten and I and was I in for a treat! I got to ride her prized barrel racing horse "Rocky" and it was awesome! One other really cool thing that they did at this rodeo was play one of my favorite songs and ringer on my phone " Beautiful Girls" when all of us queens came into the arena! Megan's mom, Rita, and sister, Vanessa also came up and it was great getting to see them! When Vanessa and I are together it's like Meg has TWO sisters!!

Well, my summer isn't quit over yet this weekend I am headed to Fort Benton, where I get to see Sue and Bailey again and ride Siren! It is also my mom's Birthday so we are going to have a blast!
"I LOVE you Mom!"
Until then,

Lorissa Harris
MTRM 07'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Hunny! I was browsing on the net and found this site! I'm checking on it weekly from now on! I could even check your grammar for you! jks! Glad to see you're having fun! Enjoy Miles City and See you in Bozeman!
Love yas!

Anonymous said...

Good post.