Monday, July 30, 2007

The Last Chance Stampede in Helena!



Well, last Thursday I headed down to Helena early in the morning to meet up with Megan for the Last Chance Stampede. I got to Helena first thing Thursday morning for a "kiddie parade" where about a hundred little kids dressed up for their own parade and compete for various prizes. I got to meet the Last Chance Stampede Queen, Libby, see Kirsten, Miss Big Sky Pro Rodeo Queen again, and of course my favorite queen, Megan.

After the kiddie parade Kirsten and I met up with Sue and Bailey Thompson, who were gracious enough to bring all three of us girls horses. My horse "Kody" is owned by Sonny and Bev Stiger, who were also nice enough to let us stay with them at their house and we really appreciate it.
The Helena rodeo is a three night rodeo and before each performance the queens and sponsor flags get to do a walk-by, then all the flags for the National Anthem, and then a queen buzz so it was pretty neat how much arena time we got this rodeo compared to some of the others.



The last night of the rodeo my parents got to come up and see how everything was going. This was the first rodeo where I mom didn't come the whole time and I did fairly well considering I had Sue, Bailey, and Megan to help me out whenever I needed anything, and I Thank you. It is different without your mother with you and we are slowly "weaning" each other off before I go to college.


Thanks to Sue, Bailey and Megan!

Another cool thing that happened the last night of the rodeo was Fred Whitfield came to the rodeo and it was really cool to see someone of the caliber at the rodeo. He didn't win but he was a true sportsman about the whole thing and seemed like a nice guy.
Next I am headed down to Great Falls for the Big Sky Pro Rodeo and Pageant. I am very excited because I was the State Fair Princess last year and this year Miss Rodeo America, Ashley Andrews is coming and I am very excited to meet her!!

Until then,

Lorissa Harris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey how is it to be in the miss teen rodeo? my friend sarai is in jr little miss. does it take a lot of your time? well u did a great job. well i might be in jr. little miss rodeo this year. im excited thank you for reading my commet.
blake

Mike (lewistown lodge) said...

hi, miss harris,

this is mike (manager)at lewistown lodge..next time wake me up at the front desk so you don't feel cold...haha.....it takes me two minutes to light the pilot light...

haha
take care...
mike (lewistown lodge)