Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Shelby Rodeo!


Well, this last weekend I was in Shelby for their fair and rodeo. It was a long five hour drive, but well worth it when we eventually got there. I met up with Kirsten Svennungsen, the Big Sky Pro Rodeo Princess, and got all lined up with my horse. The Brown's were gracious enough to bring me a horse, and their sons BJ and Jack didn't waste any time helping me out and I really appreciate all they did for me and "Jake" and I got along great!
Each night the rodeo started at 7:30 p.m. which was GREAT because, temp's that weekend soared up to 100 degrees during the day and by evening it got pretty cool and really nice toward the middle of the rodeo.

Lorissa, Kirsten and Tasha "working the arena".


On Saturday, Kirsten and I headed down to the parade, where I got to meet a lot of great people who were just thrilled we were both there. After the parade my mother and I met up with Lynne and Audrey Sholty for some lunch and had a great time catching up and talking about how my summer is going. We were then ready for the rodeo again! This time before the rodeo we carried all the sponsor flags before the National Anthem. I went first which meant I was going to be carrying two flags. My 2nd flag was the huge Wrangler flag and as I finish unwrapping it they are already calling me, so as I headed into the arena and the flag gets tangled in between my arm and the pole! I eventually got it free but it took me second!! I'm sure I'll have way more funny little things like that happen before my summer is over!

Lynn and Audrey Shotly with me at the Rodeo







Next, I head over to Helena for the Last Chance Stampede. I will get to see Megan and hear all about her wild adventures and then after that we are headed to Great Falls, for the Big Sky Pro Rodeo Roundup!

Until then,

Lorissa Harris
MTRM 07'

No comments: